US: Post adds "active cultures" to Great Grains
Post adding "healthier" lines to portfolio
Post Holdings, the US food group, has added its latest line of "healthier" cereals as it continues its push to grow sales in a stagnant sector.
The company has added to its Great Grains range with a Digestive Blend line, a development on the core line-up as the products contain "active cultures" that will help support consumers' "digestive health", it said.
"We developed Great Grains Digestive Blend cereals with fibre, active cultures and more than 85% of the daily recommended amount of whole grains per serving - three key ingredients to help support digestive health and help people feel more balanced from the inside out," Mark Izzo, vice president of research, development and innovations at Post, said yesterday (5 February).
The Digestive Blend cereals come in two varieties, Berry Medley and Vanilla Graham, the latter of which contains flaxseed and whole grains and fibre from wheat and barley, rolled oats, multi-grain flakes and clusters.
Last week, Post added to its Honey Bunches of Oats range with a Morning Energy line it claimed would "help reduce mid-morning hunger".
Post is set to report financial results for its fiscal first quarter tomorrow. For the year to the end of September, the company's Post Foods division, mainly made up with its branded cereals, saw sales increase 2.5% compared to a year earlier. Citing Nielsen data, Post said its share of the US ready-to-eat cereal market fell 0.1 percentage points in dollar terms to 10.4%. In volume terms, its share was up 0.1 points at 10.4%.
Post Holdings, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during December 2013....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global savory snacks market during December 2013....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global savory snacks market during August 2014. Using th...
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Food marketing firmly on UK political agenda
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Mead Johnson offsets China slowdown
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report