US: Post adds "active cultures" to Great Grains
Post adding "healthier" lines to portfolio
Post Holdings, the US food group, has added its latest line of "healthier" cereals as it continues its push to grow sales in a stagnant sector.
The company has added to its Great Grains range with a Digestive Blend line, a development on the core line-up as the products contain "active cultures" that will help support consumers' "digestive health", it said.
"We developed Great Grains Digestive Blend cereals with fibre, active cultures and more than 85% of the daily recommended amount of whole grains per serving - three key ingredients to help support digestive health and help people feel more balanced from the inside out," Mark Izzo, vice president of research, development and innovations at Post, said yesterday (5 February).
The Digestive Blend cereals come in two varieties, Berry Medley and Vanilla Graham, the latter of which contains flaxseed and whole grains and fibre from wheat and barley, rolled oats, multi-grain flakes and clusters.
Last week, Post added to its Honey Bunches of Oats range with a Morning Energy line it claimed would "help reduce mid-morning hunger".
Post is set to report financial results for its fiscal first quarter tomorrow. For the year to the end of September, the company's Post Foods division, mainly made up with its branded cereals, saw sales increase 2.5% compared to a year earlier. Citing Nielsen data, Post said its share of the US ready-to-eat cereal market fell 0.1 percentage points in dollar terms to 10.4%. In volume terms, its share was up 0.1 points at 10.4%.
Post Holdings, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offe...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during December 2013....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global savory snacks market during December 2013....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global savory snacks market during August 2014. Using th...
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- just the answer: Gardein founder Yves Potvin
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Focus: Quality, innovation driving Chinese milk
- Kellogg CEO: sales trends are improving
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- General Mills cuts Yoplait sugar by 25%
- Dean Foods brings milk brands under single label
- Finsbury buys Johnstone's Just Desserts
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019
- Global Food and Beverages Consumer Packaging Market Outlook to 2018 - Players Shifting Focus towards Emerging Markets