AUSTRALIA: Post deregulation dairy farmers advised to turn to tourism in bid to boost incomes
In a bid to supplement the waning incomes of dairy farmers in the area, a project has been launched by Kiama Council to turn them into ambassadors for the tourist industry. Deregulation of the dairy industry proved disastrous for many Australian dairy farmers earlier this year. Struggling to make their farms economically viable without any reliable income, the pressure has been on them to supplement incomes without turning their back on farming.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action