US: Post Foods launches Sesame Street cereal
Post Sesame Street is a wholegrain oat-based cereal for toddlers
Post Foods has expanded its cereal stable in the US to include a Sesame Street line targeted at children.
Post Sesame Street is a wholegrain oat-based cereal for toddlers available in two variants: A is for Apple and B is for Banana. Post said the cereal provides two-thirds of a child's daily wholegrains and contains nutrients to help support healthy brain development.
Both varieties have 1g of sugar per serving and contain no artificial flavours. The line is available at Wal-Mart and grocery stores across the US.
Post Foods, LLC Announces New C is for Cereal, Specifically Formulated for Toddlers
New Cereal Featuring Sesame Street's Elmo and Cookie Monster Offers Whole Grain Cereal Option
PARSIPPANY, N.J., Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Post Foods, LLC is delighting kitchen tables with the introduction of Post Sesame Street Cereal, a wholesome, whole grain oat-based cereal for little ones. For years, toddlers have started their mornings watching their favorite furry friends, Elmo and Cookie Monster, on Sesame Street. Now they can also enjoy these characters' friendly faces at breakfast and snack times throughout the day.
New Post Sesame Street Cereal is available in two naturally-flavored varieties: A is for Apple and B is for Banana. This oat-based cereal provides two-thirds of a toddler's daily Whole Grains1 and contains nutrients to help support healthy brain development2. Both varieties have 1g of sugar per serving and contain no artificial flavors, providing a healthy option for breakfast and snacks.
"As a doctor who is also a mom to two young children, I'm thrilled to find a product that is a healthy option for my kids and was created with their specific nutritional and functional needs in mind," said Dr. Roshini Raj, consulting physician for Post Sesame Street Cereal. "The Whole Grain content and fortification of nutrients like choline, iron and zinc are essential to a growing toddler's diet."
The fun 'X' and 'O' shapes in each box are specifically designed for little fingers to easily grasp and are formulated to melt in a toddler's mouth quickly for safe and easy consumption. Not only will children be excited to start their day with Elmo and Cookie Monster, they will also enjoy the educational activities featured on the back of each box, encouraging number and letter skills, and bringing even more fun to snack and mealtimes.
New Post Sesame Street Cereal is now available at Walmart and grocery stores nationwide.
Original source: Post Holdings
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report