US: Post, Thai Union "interested in Bumble Bee takeover"
Post Holdings and Thai Union have been linked to the sale of Bumble Bee
According to Reuters, which cited "people familiar with the matter", Bumble Bee, owned by private-equity firm Lion Capital, has received "takeover overtures" from the two companies.
The news agency said Bumble Bee is seeking a valuation of above US$1.5bn.
In an email to just-food yesterday (20 August) Bumble Bee CFO Kent McNeil said the company had indicated earlier this year ut "would likely be evaluating refinancing options during 2014".
However, McNeil added: "Beyond that, the company cannot comment on any speculation regarding these or other options it may be considering at this time."
No-one at Post was available to comment when approached by just-food. Thai Union did not respond to request for comment.
Canadean's "Michael Foods Group, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements