US: Post, Thai Union "interested in Bumble Bee takeover"
Post Holdings and Thai Union have been linked to the sale of Bumble Bee
According to Reuters, which cited "people familiar with the matter", Bumble Bee, owned by private-equity firm Lion Capital, has received "takeover overtures" from the two companies.
The news agency said Bumble Bee is seeking a valuation of above US$1.5bn.
In an email to just-food yesterday (20 August) Bumble Bee CFO Kent McNeil said the company had indicated earlier this year ut "would likely be evaluating refinancing options during 2014".
However, McNeil added: "Beyond that, the company cannot comment on any speculation regarding these or other options it may be considering at this time."
No-one at Post was available to comment when approached by just-food. Thai Union did not respond to request for comment.
Canadean's "Michael Foods Group, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global bakery & cereals market during January....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global bakery & cereals market during February....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global bakery & cereals market during March 2015....
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Lindt organic sales miss market expectations
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Greencore pays GBP15m for Cranswick sandwich unit