UK: Pot Noodle advert edited after causing offence - MEMBERS
A TV advert for the Pot Noodle snack has prompted more than 300 complaints.
Viewers called in to express their offence at the language used in the commercial, which describes Pot Noodle as "the slag of all snacks".
The Independent Television Commission (ITC) also judged the advert "offensive" and said the word 'slag' was unsuitable for broadcast in an advert at any hour of the day. The offending advert was shown after the accepted 9pm watershed.
The advert has since been edited to use a different slogan.
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO