USA: Potato salad products recalled due to listeria, according to the Georgia Department of Agriculture
Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture Tommy Irvin is advising consumers in Georgia who may have bought potato salad recently to check the label; it may be part of a voluntary recall from the manufacturer. The products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.The recalled products are Deli Mates/Diced Potato Salad and Mustard Potato Salad in two-pound containers only and have expiration dates between October 3 and October 25. They were distributed in Georgia, North and South Carolina, Texas and Oklahoma. The manufacturer is Mrs. Crocket's Kitchens of Fort Worth, Texas.Other potato salad products manufactured by the company have been voluntarily recalled said Commissioner Irvin, but these were the only ones distributed in Georgia. "Our food safety inspectors are checking grocery stores to make sure these products have been removed," said Commissioner Irvin.Consumption of food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, an uncommon but potentially serious disease. The most common manifestation of listeriosis is meningitis, which has symptoms of high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea. Listeriosis can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths, as well as serious and sometimes fatal infections to infants, the elderly and those with weakened immune systems such as persons with chronic disease, with HIV infection or taking chemotherapy for cancer. Consumers who have any of this product should return it to the store where it was purchased for a refund.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image