USA: Potential health threat in drug resistant bacteria in poultry, beef
Beef and poultry products sold to US consumers contain relatively high levels of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, according to a preliminary survey conducted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Scientists believe that the spread of such drug-resistant bacteria could pose a major health threat both with the US and across the globe by breeding resistance to a wide range of helpful drugs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group