UK: Potential Somerfield bidders given deadline
The Takeover panel, the organisation which administers takeovers and mergers in the UK, has given potential bidders for grocery chain Somerfield until 5pm on 14 October to make an offer or to say that they do not intend to do so.
The move, which affects potential bidders the ABT Consortium and L&R, was made following representations made by the advisers to Somerfield, the panel said.
Icelandic investment group Baugur has confirmed its withdrawal from a consortium planning to bid for UK supermarket chain Somerfield....
Icelandic retail investor Baugur is set to walk away from the consortium planning a bid for supermarket chain Somerfield, according to the Guardian newspaper....
Supermarket chain Somerfield, currently the subject of interest from potential bidders, has reported a rise in pre-tax profit, before exceptional items for the year to 30 April to £53.1m from £32.5m a...
Supermarket chain Somerfield has announced that United Co-operatives Limited has decided not to proceed with an offer for the company....
Flavoured milk company Bravo! Foods International has announced that its wholly-owned United Kingdom subsidiary, Bravo! Brands (UK) Ltd will ship the first round of its Slammers fortified milk drink p...
The Competition Commission has published a list of uses as part of its inquiry into the recent acquisition of 115 stores and other assets from WM Morrison Supermarkets by supermarket chain Somerfield....
UK supermarket group Somerfield has said group like-for-like sales slid 0.4% in the 53 weeks to 30 April 2005....
United Co-operatives Limited has announced that it has made an approach to the board of supermarket chain Somerfield with a view to exploring the possibility of making an offer for Somerfield....
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli
- Bellamy's CEO exits as outlook slashed