EU: Poultry and pigmeat to remain favourites of European consumers
A projection of agricultural market developments up to 2008 made by farming experts in the European Commission has made clear that poultry is still the meat of the future, followed some way behind by pigmeat. Both meats, currently benefiting from the crises in the beef sector, have won a strong public following and remain competitively priced, said the report "Prospects for agricultural markets 2001-2008."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever