SWEDEN: Poultry division lifts Spira's Q3 earnings, but how long can it survive?
Scandinavian Poultry , the poultry meat division of Swedish meat group Spira , is carrying a heavy burden to keep the troubled company afloat. A strong increase in earnings in the poultry division helped to set off a SKr111m (US$10.5m) operating loss in the Samfood processed pork and beef unit, narrowing the nine-month group loss after net financial items to September to SKr135m compared with a SKr160m loss in the year-ago period on group sales rising 6% to SKr3.3bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO