SWEDEN: Poultry division lifts Spira's Q3 earnings, but how long can it survive?
Scandinavian Poultry , the poultry meat division of Swedish meat group Spira , is carrying a heavy burden to keep the troubled company afloat. A strong increase in earnings in the poultry division helped to set off a SKr111m (US$10.5m) operating loss in the Samfood processed pork and beef unit, narrowing the nine-month group loss after net financial items to September to SKr135m compared with a SKr160m loss in the year-ago period on group sales rising 6% to SKr3.3bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund