HUNGARY: Poultry firm Master Good Group completes expansion
Master Good Group completes its expansion
Hungarian poultry processor Master Good Group has announced an expansion of its plant in Kisvarda - a move which will see 200 new jobs created over three years.
The site has been "upgraded and refurbished" through a HUF2.1bn (US$9.2m) investment. It now has a capacity to process 12,500 birds an hour compared with 10,000 per hour previously.
A spokesperson told just-food today the expansion was a response to an increase in demand with an aim to "improve competitiveness".
The firm was commended by Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, who said it demonstrated "entrepreneurial spirit that can make Hungary stronger".
- Why Heinz-Kraft merger could herald more deals
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- Interview: FrieslandCampina eyes Gulf expansion
- Mondelez coy on Philadelphia sale rumours
- Aryzta buys 49% of French retailer Picard
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus
- Innocent to axe veg, noodle pots