HUNGARY: Poultry firm Master Good Group completes expansion
Master Good Group completes its expansion
Hungarian poultry processor Master Good Group has announced an expansion of its plant in Kisvarda - a move which will see 200 new jobs created over three years.
The site has been "upgraded and refurbished" through a HUF2.1bn (US$9.2m) investment. It now has a capacity to process 12,500 birds an hour compared with 10,000 per hour previously.
A spokesperson told just-food today the expansion was a response to an increase in demand with an aim to "improve competitiveness".
The firm was commended by Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, who said it demonstrated "entrepreneurial spirit that can make Hungary stronger".
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning