FRANCE: Poultry giant Doux to cut more jobs
Doux fell into administration in June
Groupe Doux has set out plans to lay off more workers as the French poultry group, which is in administration, reshapes its business.
Doux has outlined plans to lay off 89 staff across three sites. The affected workers are employed at its administrative HQ in Chateaulin, a plant in Plugaffan and a factory for its Pere Dodu brand in Quimper.
A spokesperson said the proposals will be set out at meetings with employee representatives in the next few weeks. The latest cuts will mean Doux, which went into administration in June, will have shed 1,000 jobs as it restructures its operations.
Doux last week received an extension to its period in administration, which will now run until February.
"Doux is now a profitable group and is generating a positive operating margin," the spokesperson said. "The group has reorganised its staff and also rehired for example at the Chateaulin site, where a third production team has been in place since the end of September."
Doux has set out plans to invest EUR35m (US$45.1m) to modernise its plants as it looks to revitalise its business. It fell into administration amid EUR430m in debts.
Since then, the company has sold off or closed its fresh poultry assets. The company said it had shown the court it could operate profitably. It is focusing on prepared products and export markets. The company plans to market its Pere Dodu brand more in France and has identified the Middle East as a key export destination for its products.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020