FRANCE: Poultry group Doux secures extension to administration
French poultry processor Groupe Doux has won court approval for its request to extend its period in administration.
Doux's time in administration was set to end on Thursday (28 February). However, a court in Quimper has extended that period to May, a Doux spokesperson confirmed today.
The processor went into administration in June amid EUR430m in debts. It is reshaping its business, including laying off jobs across its operations.
However, Doux has set out plans to invest EUR35m to modernise its plants as it looks to revitalise its business.
The company has insisted it is now profitable. In 2012, it generated turnover of EUR530m. In 2011, Doux reported sales in France of EUR830m. No data for the group as a whole for that year were available as just-food went to press.
Brazilian meat giant JBS is to buy domestic poultry business Seara Brasil from local rival and fellow international meat processor Marfrig....
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis