USA: Poultry industry welcomes US-Russian agreement on poultry trade
US poultry industry officials have revealed relief that a six-month trade dispute between the US and the Russian Federation has been resolved. "We're pleased that negotiators for the US government and the Russian Federation have reached a satisfactory agreement on the poultry trade between the two countries," said George Watts, president of the National Chicken Council. "US chicken companies will move immediately to implement the agreement and rebuild the trade, which has been subject to cutoffs and regulatory uncertainty for the past six months.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin