USA: Poultry industry welcomes US-Russian agreement on poultry trade
US poultry industry officials have revealed relief that a six-month trade dispute between the US and the Russian Federation has been resolved. "We're pleased that negotiators for the US government and the Russian Federation have reached a satisfactory agreement on the poultry trade between the two countries," said George Watts, president of the National Chicken Council. "US chicken companies will move immediately to implement the agreement and rebuild the trade, which has been subject to cutoffs and regulatory uncertainty for the past six months.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe