UK: Poundland adds to grocery line
UK discount retailer Poundland has added around 100 products to its grocery stable.
Each product is priced at GBP1 (US$1.60) and the retailer is offering a number of multi-offers at prices such as two for GBP1, three for GBP2, four for GBP3.
Poundland launches over 100 new grocery lines
Europe's biggest single price discount retailer, Poundland, has launched over 100 new grocery lines, to expand on its 252 lines already in the range, to help families stock up and save on even more top brand weekly essentials.
The new range includes essentials such a Libby's and Del Monte fruit juices, Whitworths brown sugar and UHT milk which will add to the existing range of tea, coffee, fresh milk and sugar. As well as store cupboard essentials like cooking sauces, pasta, cereal bars and soups, the range sees the introduction of home baking and sweet treats too.
Each product is priced at just £1, as well as a number of multi-offers offers available at competitive prices such as 2 for £1, 3 for £2, 4 for £3, all offering customers amazing value.
New big brand lines include:
Kellogg's Cornflakes (250g) - £1
Nescafe cappuccino instant drink (8pk) - £1
Heinz tomato soup (800g) -£1
Lloyd Grossman sauces (350g) - 3 for £2
Tilda Rice (250g) - 3 for £2
Princes canned tomatoes (400g) - 3 for £1
Ritz crackers (200g) - £1
Mcdougalls self raising flour (1kg) - £1
Hovis white bread mix (495g) - £1
Carnation milk - 2 for £1
Nestle Smartie cookie mix (200g) - £1
McVities Digestives (500g) - £1
Princes Pears (420g)- 3 cans for £2
Richard Lancaster, Trading Director at Poundland, comments: "Grocery is a growth category for Poundland and customers actively come into our stores looking for top brand everyday essentials at amazing value prices. Initial performance clearly indicates that our customers love the variety and breadth of the range. We will continue to listen to our customers to ensure we're always improving our offering to meet their needs."
Poundland's new grocery lines are available in stores across the UK from today.
Original source: Poundland
Soup remained a mature category in New Zealand during 2012. Therefore, company activity revolved around the introduction of innovative new products for the Winter season, in a bid to boost sales. The ...
Campbell Soup Co. became the third major multinational to invest in the buoyant organic baby food sector in a month with a deal to buy US firm Plum Organics. Danone is another of the three food giants...
Plum Organics this week joined Happy Family and Ella's Kitchen as three organic baby food brands set to have new, multinational owners. Campbell Soup Co. is to buy Plum, joining Danone and Hain Celest...
South Africa's Pioneer Food Group has booked lower underlying half-year profits, affected by higher input costs and weak consumer confidence....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits