UK: Poundland to extend Dealz format to UK
According to reports, the retailer could extend the Dealz store to the Isle of Man
UK discount retailer Poundland has confirmed it is considering extending its Dealz store format beyond the Republic of Ireland.
In August, the discounter, which has over 340 namesake stores in the UK, announced plans to open four stores in Ireland under the Dealz name. At the time of the announcement, Poundland said it planned to have six stores open by the end of its financial year in March.
The retailer is set to extend the format to the Isle of Man in the UK. A spokesperson for the company said the brand has been "doing very well" in the Republic of Ireland and "felt the customer profile in the Isle of Man would be best suited to the Dealz brand".
In a company statement, Poundland's retail operations director Tim McDonnell said: "We are currently considering the acquisition of new Dealz stores, to add to the two stores opened in the Republic of Ireland this year. The stringent acquisition process ensures that new stores are sited in the right location and fit the brand's customer profile.
"Due to the popularity of Dealz's product ranges, the organisation is keen not to raise anticipation for a new store before plans are finalised. Therefore, it would not be appropriate for us to disclose further information at this stage."
Poundland has opened 37 Poundland stores this year and this number is set to increase with the latest announcement.
UK discount retailer Poundland is to open a further ten Dealz stores in Ireland....
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report