NEW ZEALAND: PPCS extends takeover offer for Richmond again
New Zealand meat company PPCS has extended its takeover offer for rival Richmond for the eighth time. Richmond's stock rose last week to NZ$3.17 (US$1.84), which is 6 cents above PPCS' offer price. The offer was due to close last week but has been extended to 23 May. Under the Takeovers Code, the last possible date that the offer can close is 19 June, which means the offer could be extended beyond 23 May, reported the New Zealand Herald.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant