NEW ZEALAND: PPCS extends takeover offer for Richmond again
New Zealand meat company PPCS has extended its takeover offer for rival Richmond for the eighth time. Richmond's stock rose last week to NZ$3.17 (US$1.84), which is 6 cents above PPCS' offer price. The offer was due to close last week but has been extended to 23 May. Under the Takeovers Code, the last possible date that the offer can close is 19 June, which means the offer could be extended beyond 23 May, reported the New Zealand Herald.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw