NEW ZEALAND: PPCS extends takeover offer for Richmond again
New Zealand meat company PPCS has extended its takeover offer for rival Richmond for the eighth time. Richmond's stock rose last week to NZ$3.17 (US$1.84), which is 6 cents above PPCS' offer price. The offer was due to close last week but has been extended to 23 May. Under the Takeovers Code, the last possible date that the offer can close is 19 June, which means the offer could be extended beyond 23 May, reported the New Zealand Herald.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs