NEW ZEALAND: PPCS ups Richmond stake to 52.53%
New Zealand meat company PPCS has exercised its option to purchase 14.66 million ordinary shares in rival meat company Richmond, held by Hawke's Bay Meat.
PPCS purchased the shares at a price of NZ$3.50 (US$1.92) a share, higher than the $3.05 that PPCS has offered Richmond shareholders for their shares. The purchase brings PPCS' stake in Richmond to 52.53%, reported the New Zealand Press Association.
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins