UK: Pre-packaged salad leaves may lack vital nutrients - research
A processing technique used to prolong the shelf life of pre-packed salad leaves may remove vital nutrients, according to new research. Research published in the British Journal of Nutrition suggested that bags of salad leaves such as lettuce and rocket did not boost vitamin C levels in the body like their fresh counterparts, reported BBC Online.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China