UK: Premier canning deal lifts Princes FY profit
The firm said it also made "significant" progress during the year with its it expansion strategy in continental European and international markets
UK food manufacturer Princes has booked an increase in annual profits thanks to its acquisition of canned food assets from Premier Foods last year.
The company grew profit after tax by 13% in the year to 31 March to GBP31.1m (US$50.4m). Sales were up 28% at GBP1.51bn.
Earnings were boosted, Princes said, by its GBP181m acquisition in July last year. The purchase included the Crosse & Blackwell, Farrow's and Smedley's brands. It also gave Princes long-term agreements to manufacture products for Premier's Branston and Batchelors brands under licence.
The firm said it also made "significant" progress during the year with its it expansion strategy in continental European and international markets, increasing sales outside of the UK by 26% to GBP388m.
"Princes made excellent progress during the last financial year by delivering a strategic plan which is focused on achieving UK and international growth by investing in our brands, our production and supply capabilities, forming new strategic partnerships and opening new customer markets," said Princes MD Ken Critchley. "The group has also invested in the infrastructure and people to build on our international growth, which is a core part of our strategy."
Princes is adding to its range of sandwich fillers in the UK with a line of "deli-inspired" tuna-based products....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights