UK: Premier Foods appoints new international director - grocery
Premier Foods has appointed Jaspal Chada as international director - grocery
Premier Foods plc has appointed Jaspal Chada in the newly-created role of international director for grocery.
Chada, who joins Premier from biscuit maker Burton's Foods, will work with the senior sales team and will be looking to "identify and maximise opportunities in a number of international markets", the UK's largest food maker said.
His first task will be to identify which brands and countries will be targeted and said he is particularly interested in Australia, China, India, and the Middle East.
Chada will report directly into Ian York, Premier's group sales director.
"Returning to Premier Foods offers me a hugely exciting opportunity to accelerate the global presence of some of the UK's favourite brands and generate new long term revenue and profit stream for the business," Chada said.
He returns to the company after a six-year stint at Burton Foods where he was marketing director. Chada previously worked for Premier as general manager of the spreads, beverages and desserts business.
2010 closed with a growing amount of M&A activity with business becoming more confident and lending conditions becoming more favourable. But what will 2011 hold for buyers and sellers in the food indu...
There have been over 640 stories in just-food's M&A section since April this year covering everything from industry-changing mergers to bolt on acquisitions and brand disposals. This section to the br...
Campbell Soup Co. today (7 January) praised the "strong track-record" of Symington's, the firm the soup maker has asked to help launch its a range of products in the UK....
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin