UK: Premier Foods COO Eaton leaves company
Geoff Eaton was appointed to the COO role in October last year
The chief operating officer of Premier Foods plc, Geoff Eaton, has left the company as incoming CEO Gavin Darby takes up his new role.
The UK group said it had opted for a "flatter management structure" after appointing former Vodaphone and Coke executive Darby, who was named CEO last week following Michael Clarke's surprise resignation.
Premier's commercial and functional management will now report directly to the CEO and the role of COO will be removed. It was therefore "agreed" with Eaton that he will step down with immediate effect, Premier said.
"I would like to thank Geoff for his contribution to the company and wish him well in his future career," said Darby. "I very much look forward to working with the management team to continue the transformation of Premier Foods."
Eaton, former CEO of Uniq, was appointed to the COO role in October last year in a bid to "help accelerate" the company's transformation.
For our analysis of Premier's appointment of Darby, who begins in his new role at Premier today (4 February), click here.
What is your outlook for the industry in 2013?
Join hundreds of food industry executives in giving your views on the prospects for the sector in just-food.com's annual confidence survey - and have the chance to win one of five free year's subscription to just-food.com worth £175.
Click here to answer questions on M&A, consumer confidence, innovation and sustainability.
All answers will remain confidential. Results will be published in a just-food webinar during the first quarter.
Two Sisters Food Group has signed a licensing agreement with Premier Foods plc for the production and distribution of its Hovis Breakfast Bakes biscuit range....
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights