UK: Premier Foods COO Eaton leaves company
Geoff Eaton was appointed to the COO role in October last year
The chief operating officer of Premier Foods plc, Geoff Eaton, has left the company as incoming CEO Gavin Darby takes up his new role.
The UK group said it had opted for a "flatter management structure" after appointing former Vodaphone and Coke executive Darby, who was named CEO last week following Michael Clarke's surprise resignation.
Premier's commercial and functional management will now report directly to the CEO and the role of COO will be removed. It was therefore "agreed" with Eaton that he will step down with immediate effect, Premier said.
"I would like to thank Geoff for his contribution to the company and wish him well in his future career," said Darby. "I very much look forward to working with the management team to continue the transformation of Premier Foods."
Eaton, former CEO of Uniq, was appointed to the COO role in October last year in a bid to "help accelerate" the company's transformation.
For our analysis of Premier's appointment of Darby, who begins in his new role at Premier today (4 February), click here.
What is your outlook for the industry in 2013?
Join hundreds of food industry executives in giving your views on the prospects for the sector in just-food.com's annual confidence survey - and have the chance to win one of five free year's subscription to just-food.com worth £175.
Click here to answer questions on M&A, consumer confidence, innovation and sustainability.
All answers will remain confidential. Results will be published in a just-food webinar during the first quarter.
Two Sisters Food Group has signed a licensing agreement with Premier Foods plc for the production and distribution of its Hovis Breakfast Bakes biscuit range....
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- What should you learn from 2015 olive oil prices?
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US
- Unilever launches dairy-free Ben & Jerry's in US
- Premier Foods launches "first" American wet sauces