UK: Premier Foods COO Eaton leaves company
Geoff Eaton was appointed to the COO role in October last year
The chief operating officer of Premier Foods plc, Geoff Eaton, has left the company as incoming CEO Gavin Darby takes up his new role.
The UK group said it had opted for a "flatter management structure" after appointing former Vodaphone and Coke executive Darby, who was named CEO last week following Michael Clarke's surprise resignation.
Premier's commercial and functional management will now report directly to the CEO and the role of COO will be removed. It was therefore "agreed" with Eaton that he will step down with immediate effect, Premier said.
"I would like to thank Geoff for his contribution to the company and wish him well in his future career," said Darby. "I very much look forward to working with the management team to continue the transformation of Premier Foods."
Eaton, former CEO of Uniq, was appointed to the COO role in October last year in a bid to "help accelerate" the company's transformation.
For our analysis of Premier's appointment of Darby, who begins in his new role at Premier today (4 February), click here.
What is your outlook for the industry in 2013?
Join hundreds of food industry executives in giving your views on the prospects for the sector in just-food.com's annual confidence survey - and have the chance to win one of five free year's subscription to just-food.com worth £175.
Click here to answer questions on M&A, consumer confidence, innovation and sustainability.
All answers will remain confidential. Results will be published in a just-food webinar during the first quarter.
Two Sisters Food Group has signed a licensing agreement with Premier Foods plc for the production and distribution of its Hovis Breakfast Bakes biscuit range....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019