UK: Premier Foods’ Hovis brand adopts Nimble
Premier Foods is to adopt low-fat bread Nimble into the Hovis family.
Nimble will be rebranded Hovis Nimble in a move set to benefit both brands and drive growth in the health sector at a time when consumers are focused on health and wellbeing.
The range includes Hovis Nimble Wholemeal, Hovis Nimble White and Hovis Nimble Malted Wholegrain, all with an RSP of GBP0.75 (US$1.12).
Nimble will benefit from the "strength of Hovis' heritage", Premier said, and provides the credibility of a well-known brand to help Hovis Nimble expand market share in the dieting sector, which is experiencing 13% growth year-on-year.
In addition, Hovis will be investing GBP1m in a campaign focusing on healthy eating in January.
Jon Goldstone, marketing director at Hovis, said: "Nimble is a strong brand with loyal consumers and will positively impact Hovis' market share by generating additional sales in a new sector.
"There is a natural synergy between Hovis and Nimble, with both brands already enjoying strong health perceptions among consumers, and Hovis Nimble provides significant benefits to both brands."
Premier Foods today (12 May) posted a 3% increase in sales and said its expectations for the full year remain unchanged....
Two-thirds of the new shares in UK food group Premier Foods have been taken up, the company said today (20 March)....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- US targets increased organic production