USA: Premier Foodservice Distributors of America, Inc. Enters Into Strategic Marketing Alliance With Amphire
Premier Foodservice Distributors, Inc. announced today that it has entered into a strategic marketing alliance with Amphire Solutions, Inc., the new B2B e-commerce company formed between Ventro Corporation (Nasdaq: VNTR) and Entangible.com. Premier Foodservice Distributors, Inc. is a major force in the food service industry representing more than 150 distributors with $6 billion in food service revenues.Amphire targets the unique dynamics of the food service industry in which distributors deliver food and supplies to restaurants and other food service operators. The industry is highly fragmented, with thousands of suppliers, distributors and operators nationwide, making it an ideal target for the efficiencies of B2B e-commerce. Amphire unites Ventro's B2B e-commerce technology and business operations infrastructure with Entangible.com's distributor-based order-entry solution and industry expertise. Distributor groups such as Premier Foodservice Distributors, Inc. bring extensive industry knowledge and relationships to establish a new online e-commerce solution rapidly. Amphire will link food service distributors with their customers, such as restaurants and schools, as well as with their suppliers, all through the same e-business channels. Premier will work to bring its current distributor members into this new online environment."We are excited to be a partner in Amphire Solutions to help provide the most comprehensive e-business solution for food service," said Doug Polk, executive vice president/COO, Premier Foodservice Distributors, Inc. "The combination of Amphire and established distributor groups such as Premier brings the expertise and strength to rapidly link distributors with operators and suppliers in a seamless system to increase efficiency, service and profitability for all parties."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review