UK: Premier "hopes to raise GBP1bn" in new capital
Premier has reportedly drawn up plans for GBP1bn rights issue
Premier Foods plc, the indebted UK food maker, is reportedly aiming to raise GBP1bn through new loan agreements and a rights issue.
A spokesperson for the group declined to comment on the suggestion. However, Premier's well-documented financial issues have prompted some City analysts to insist the group requires a capital injection to bolster its balance sheet.
According to Sky News, Credit Suisse, HSBC and Jefferies have been appointed to underwrite a rights issue that will raise roughly GBP350m (US$376.4m) after expenses.
The report suggests the three banks will be required to "show their commitment" to the plan by agreeing to "make their own balance sheets available" to Premier. Jefferies, for instance, is expected to provide a loan of around GBP25m as part of a new debt facility valued at GBP250m.
Premier's net debt totals around GBP890m and the group has a pension deficit of GBP394.7m.
Earlier this week, the maker of Oxo stock cubes and Mr Kipling cakes announced it will run its bread business as a stand-alone joint venture with private-equity firm Gores Group. The deal will provide Premier with proceeds of almost GBP30m, which it said it would reinvest in its core grocery brands.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Premier Foods plc (Premier Foods) is the largest food manufacturers in the UK. It manufacturers and supplies branded and non-branded food products to retail, wholesale, and food services markets. The ...
Breakfast Cereals in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains ...
Ready Meals in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also con...
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- just the answer: Gardein founder Yves Potvin
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Focus: Quality, innovation driving Chinese milk
- Kellogg CEO: sales trends are improving
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- General Mills cuts Yoplait sugar by 25%
- Dean Foods brings milk brands under single label
- Finsbury buys Johnstone's Just Desserts
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019
- Global Food and Beverages Consumer Packaging Market Outlook to 2018 - Players Shifting Focus towards Emerging Markets