UK: Premier "hopes to raise GBP1bn" in new capital
Premier has reportedly drawn up plans for GBP1bn rights issue
Premier Foods plc, the indebted UK food maker, is reportedly aiming to raise GBP1bn through new loan agreements and a rights issue.
A spokesperson for the group declined to comment on the suggestion. However, Premier's well-documented financial issues have prompted some City analysts to insist the group requires a capital injection to bolster its balance sheet.
According to Sky News, Credit Suisse, HSBC and Jefferies have been appointed to underwrite a rights issue that will raise roughly GBP350m (US$376.4m) after expenses.
The report suggests the three banks will be required to "show their commitment" to the plan by agreeing to "make their own balance sheets available" to Premier. Jefferies, for instance, is expected to provide a loan of around GBP25m as part of a new debt facility valued at GBP250m.
Premier's net debt totals around GBP890m and the group has a pension deficit of GBP394.7m.
Earlier this week, the maker of Oxo stock cubes and Mr Kipling cakes announced it will run its bread business as a stand-alone joint venture with private-equity firm Gores Group. The deal will provide Premier with proceeds of almost GBP30m, which it said it would reinvest in its core grocery brands.
Premier Foods plc (Premier Foods) is the largest food manufacturers in the UK. It manufacturers and supplies branded and non-branded food products to retail, wholesale, and food services markets. The ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Bread & Rolls in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to ...
Breakfast Cereals in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains ...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report