UK: Premier tweaks McDougalls; unveils Cadbury lines
Describing the UK home-baking market as "hot", Premier said it would three lines to its McDougalls "speciality flour" range - Whole Gold, OO Grade Plain and Supreme Sponge Flour.
The UK's largest food group has also moved to launch the country's first "savoury crumble products" with two lines - Mozzarella, Basil & Black Pepper and Oaty Cheese & Chive.
"With the current growth of home baking and its seasonal relevance, this is an ideal time to relaunch our well established range," said Mary Young, Premier's commercial controller for home baking.
The company has opted to change the packaging for the McDougalls brand, as well as add recipe ideas to the packs.
Meanwhile, Premier, which holds a licence for Cadbury-branded products, said it wanted to "revitalise" its baking mixes range under the renowned chocolate trademark.
The range will consist of four new variants: Choccy Road, Triple Chocolate Brownies, Heavenly Chocolate Cake and Dairy Milk Buttons Tray Bake.
UK retail was somewhat shaken this week by the news that Asda boss Andy Bond will step down as its CEO. Just three days on, Bond, who is staying at the UK arm of Wal-Mart, outlined ambitious growth pl...
UK convenience food group Uniq has asked interim chairman John Warren to take the job on a full-time basis, it was announced today (14 April)....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action