UK: Premier's Branston enters mayo category
Premier Foods' pickle brand Branston has entered the mayonnaise category with the introduction of 'Twist' for the UK market.
Branston Mayo with a Twist is the brand's biggest launch since the introduction of its Relish range four years ago.
The product is available in four flavours in a 'squeezy' format, including Lime & Chilli, Lemon & Roast Garlic, Sweet Chilli and Mustard & Onion.
"Foods that have been neglected, such as baked beans and relish, have now been rejuvenated by adding some Branston 'oomph'," said Kelly Pym, marketing manager for Branston.
The launch will be supported by an integrated marketing campaign and in-store support activity.
Branston Mayo with a Twist will be available this month in cases of 6 x 295ml, with an RRP of GBP1.59 (US$2.20).
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix