USA: Premium Brands Inc. announces sale of Fresh Pork Division
Premium Brands Inc. (Toronto: FFF) announced today the sale of its Fresh Pork Division to Olymel, S.E.C., a limited partnership. Olymel is the largest fresh pork exporter and poultry processor as well as the second largest hog processor in Canada. Olymel is based in St-Hyacinthe, Quebec. The Fresh Pork Division is based in Red Deer, Alberta and includes a state-of-the-art hog processing facility that can process up to 16,000 hogs per day. Currently, the plant is running at 6,000 hogs per day and generates approximately $240 million in sales annually.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week