USA: Premium Brands Inc. announces sale of Fresh Pork Division
Premium Brands Inc. (Toronto: FFF) announced today the sale of its Fresh Pork Division to Olymel, S.E.C., a limited partnership. Olymel is the largest fresh pork exporter and poultry processor as well as the second largest hog processor in Canada. Olymel is based in St-Hyacinthe, Quebec. The Fresh Pork Division is based in Red Deer, Alberta and includes a state-of-the-art hog processing facility that can process up to 16,000 hogs per day. Currently, the plant is running at 6,000 hogs per day and generates approximately $240 million in sales annually.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw