USA: Premium Brands Inc. announces sale of Fresh Pork Division
Premium Brands Inc. (Toronto: FFF) announced today the sale of its Fresh Pork Division to Olymel, S.E.C., a limited partnership. Olymel is the largest fresh pork exporter and poultry processor as well as the second largest hog processor in Canada. Olymel is based in St-Hyacinthe, Quebec. The Fresh Pork Division is based in Red Deer, Alberta and includes a state-of-the-art hog processing facility that can process up to 16,000 hogs per day. Currently, the plant is running at 6,000 hogs per day and generates approximately $240 million in sales annually.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report