CANADA: Premium Brands Inc. announces strategic reorganization
Premium Brands Inc. (Toronto: FFF) announced yesterday that it has entered into an agreement with Saskatchewan Wheat Pool ("SWP") to acquire 3,381,182 shares in the Corporation, representing the 41% control block of Premium Brands owned by SWP, for a total purchase price of $46.3 million. Pursuant to the transaction, the majority of SWP's shares in Premium Brands will be repurchased by Premium Brands. In addition, Raymond James Ltd., a full service investment dealer and financial advisor to Premium Brands, will purchase 292,099 of the SWP shares in Premium Brands for $4 million. The remaining shares of Premium Brands held by SWP are to be sold to the public pursuant to a secondary offering in conjunction with a treasury offering by the Corporation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant