CANADA: Premium Brands Inc. announces strategic reorganization
Premium Brands Inc. (Toronto: FFF) announced yesterday that it has entered into an agreement with Saskatchewan Wheat Pool ("SWP") to acquire 3,381,182 shares in the Corporation, representing the 41% control block of Premium Brands owned by SWP, for a total purchase price of $46.3 million. Pursuant to the transaction, the majority of SWP's shares in Premium Brands will be repurchased by Premium Brands. In addition, Raymond James Ltd., a full service investment dealer and financial advisor to Premium Brands, will purchase 292,099 of the SWP shares in Premium Brands for $4 million. The remaining shares of Premium Brands held by SWP are to be sold to the public pursuant to a secondary offering in conjunction with a treasury offering by the Corporation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre