USA: Premium Brands Inc. (Formerly Fletcher's Fine Foods Ltd.) Locks Out Hourly Employees at Vancouver Plant
Premium Brands Inc. (Toronto: FFF) Vice President George Paleologou today confirmed that the 400 hourly employees at its Vancouver processing plant were locked out at 8:00 a.m. Saturday, August 19, 2000.The lockout follows a "no" vote from the union employees (local 1518 of the Union of Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW)) to the company's final vote offer of a new wage scale comparable to those introduced at Premium Brands' major competitors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review