USA: Premium Brands Inc. (Formerly Fletcher's Fine Foods Ltd.) Locks Out Hourly Employees at Vancouver Plant
Premium Brands Inc. (Toronto: FFF) Vice President George Paleologou today confirmed that the 400 hourly employees at its Vancouver processing plant were locked out at 8:00 a.m. Saturday, August 19, 2000.The lockout follows a "no" vote from the union employees (local 1518 of the Union of Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW)) to the company's final vote offer of a new wage scale comparable to those introduced at Premium Brands' major competitors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery