USA: Pret A Manger - the sandwich goes East - COMMENT (Members)
Pret A Manger has announced plans to expand into Hong Kong in Q1 2002. Sandwich bar operator Pret A Manger is expanding rapidly now that it can depend on cash from part owner McDonalds. The burger giant's arms-length approach appears to be working, without the loss of consumer confidence some observers worried about. The Pret A Manger venture could prove to be the model for extending McDonalds' business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre