USA: Pret A Manger - the sandwich goes East - COMMENT (Members)
Pret A Manger has announced plans to expand into Hong Kong in Q1 2002. Sandwich bar operator Pret A Manger is expanding rapidly now that it can depend on cash from part owner McDonalds. The burger giant's arms-length approach appears to be working, without the loss of consumer confidence some observers worried about. The Pret A Manger venture could prove to be the model for extending McDonalds' business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre