INDONESIA: Price hikes on food due to rise of US dollar against the rupiah
While the supplies of basic food commodities remain stables, the prices are rising. The rise of the US dollar against the rupiah is causing the inflation, according to the City's Economic Agency . Data collated by the agency has shown that while sugar prices rose round 0.16% this week, beef climbed between 0.16% and 0.62%. Chicken rose 0.21%, while eggs fetched 0.5% more than last week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China