INDONESIA: Price hikes on food due to rise of US dollar against the rupiah
While the supplies of basic food commodities remain stables, the prices are rising. The rise of the US dollar against the rupiah is causing the inflation, according to the City's Economic Agency . Data collated by the agency has shown that while sugar prices rose round 0.16% this week, beef climbed between 0.16% and 0.62%. Chicken rose 0.21%, while eggs fetched 0.5% more than last week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre