EGYPT: Prime Minister Obeid concerned over rumours Sainsbury is packing its bags
Rumours are rife that Sainsbury's operations in Egypt, including 17 supermarkets, will be bought out by local investors, sending the UK supermarket group home less than one year after it arrived. For the time being, however, officials from the retailer are maintaining, "all options are still being considered."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs