UK: Prince Charles' organic food firm makes record profit
Prince Charles has announced record profits for his organic food business and a 50% increase in sales in the last year.
Duchy Originals, which was launched in 1990, now sells £14m (US$22.4m) a year in natural agricultural products.
Profits in the past year were £634,620, up 10% from the previous year, despite scepticism from many observers that the company would be successful.
Prince Charles does not take any income from the business, which turns its profits over to the Prince of Wales Charitable Foundation, formerly the Prince of Wales Charities Trust. Over the last three years, £1.5m has been contributed to the foundation by Duchy Originals, reported the Scotsman.
Earlier this summer, Singapore paid host to Natural Products - Organic Asia 2005. Despite the show's title, there was less emphasis on organic principles, and a greater focus on health foods, such as...
As organic food continues to move into the mainstream, a wealth of companies, from the family-run to the multinational, are taking advantage of this popularity, with new products and line extensions. ...
The organic market appears to be going from strength to strength, especially if this year's BioFach exhibition is anything to go by. With over 2,000 exhibitors from 70 countries and more than 30,000 v...
Natraceutical, a spin-off of Spanish food group Natra-Zahor, has unveiled ambitious expansion plans, spurred on by growth in the functional foods market. With such high levels of interest in healthy f...
The Australian state of Victoria is investing in a programme to identify new opportunities for its food and agriculture industries. As part of this initiative the government conducted extensive resear...
Innovation is king - or is it? Fear of legislation or simple lack of imagination has depressed innovation in the food sector for a couple of years. Brand extensions and me-too copycats are not the sam...
US natural and organic food company Hain Celestial has announced the signing of a definitive agreement and plan of merger with Spectrum Organic Products, a California-based manufacturer and marketer o...
The UK's largest organic sector body, the Soil Association will today (Tuesday) urge the new minister for organic food and farming, Lord Bach to support high welfare standards in organic poultry farmi...
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report