UK: Princes Crosse & Blackwell adds jelly pots to 4Kids line
Princes' Crosse & Blackwell has expanded its 4Kids children's range with the launch of Disney-themed fruit in jelly pots.
The launch, which comprises six variants, aims to drive value and penetration in the GBP39.1m potted fruit market, Princes said. Flavours include: Apple Pieces in Raspberry Jelly; Peach Pieces in Strawberry Jelly; and Mandarin Segments in Mandarin Jelly.
Prince said it is hoping to tap into the growing children's lunchbox market through the launch. It is the second extension to the 4Kids range this year after the firm moved into the canned meatballs market with a launch in January.
CROSSE & BLACKWELL LAUNCHES NEW DISNEY-THEMED FRUIT POTS
Crosse & Blackwell has teamed up with Disney to launch a new range of fruit in jelly pots under its 4Kids brand, to drive value and penetration into the £39.1m potted fruit market.
The new fruit pots range is available in stores this month with packaging that showcases six popular characters from Disney/Pixar's Toy Story films, including Woody and Buzz Lightyear.
Available in six variants, the new range contains twice as much fruit than any other fruit in jelly product in the market* and constitutes one of kids' recommended five a day fruits. The products, which comply with Disney's strict nutritional guidelines, also contain real fruit juice instead of added sugar or artificial sweeteners, with no artificial colours or preservatives.
The launch follows extensive consumer research which was undertaken with parents and their children to gain a greater understanding of their needs, preferred product format and character preference. The research indicated that children were most likely to eat fruit in jelly and found that listing nutritional values on-pack were most important to parents when purchasing for their children, especially if the product contributes towards one of your five a day.**
The exciting, new range of fruit pots aims to tap into the growing children's lunchbox market*** with 125g single serve pots, that also come with a spoon, making them suitable to eat anywhere and on any occasion.
In addition, a brand new shelf ready packaging format has been developed for the new range. The design includes individual characters from Disney/Pixar's Toy Story to maximise kids' appeal as well as highlighting key health benefits.
The fruit pots launch will be supported by a strong marketing campaign including in-store promotional activity and follows a major re-launch for the brand's 4Kids range, which also includes canned pasta and canned meatballs featuring other popular children's characters.
Neil Brownbill, marketing director for Crosse & Blackwell 4Kids fruit pots, said: "Potted fruit makes up a significant portion of the ambient fruit sector. The 4Kids fruit pot range combines fun with exceptional quality and the brand is perfectly positioned to bring a new product to the market. The fruit pots appeal to both children and parents alike with lively, colourful packaging featuring popular characters and strong health messages including ‘one of your five a day'. We are committed to growing the Crosse & Blackwell 4Kids range and the new fruit pots form part of a wider investment for the brand following the re-launch of our canned pasta and a new canned meatballs range."
The Crosse & Blackwell 4Kids fruit pots are available in 125g pots with an RRP of 65p. The flavour variants include new fruit types to the ambient fruit category which are often found in popular kids lunchtime products:- · Mixed Fruit in Strawberry Jelly
· Apple Pieces in Raspberry Jelly
· Peach Pieces in Strawberry Jelly
· Mandarin Segments in Mandarin Jelly
· Pineapple Pieces in Pineapple Jelly
· Peach Pieces in Peach Jelly
Original source: Princes
Princes is adding to its range of sandwich fillers in the UK with a line of "deli-inspired" tuna-based products....
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019