UK: Princes invests in new ambient salmon ranges
Both lines are designed as ready-to-eat meal solutions
Princes is hoping to attract younger shoppers to the canned fish market with the launch of two Atlantic skinless and boneless salmon ranges in the UK.
The canned fish producer has launched two variants of the fillet range: sweet chilli and lemon & dill. The Atlantic salmon line is available in lemon & black pepper and brine variants. Both are designed as ready-to-eat meal solutions.
The two ranges, Princes said, are designed to encourage trial with consumers that would otherwise be put off by the traditional format.
Princes Atlantic salmon fillets are available in 125g litho cans with an RRP of GBP1.99. Princes Atlantic salmon is available in 160g round cans with an RRP of GBP3.
PRINCES INVESTS IN TWO NEW AMBIENT SALMON RANGES
Princes, the leading canned fish brand, is bringing innovation to the second largest canned fish category by launching two new Atlantic skinless and boneless salmon ranges.
A line-up of two new Princes Atlantic salmon fillets are available in stores now, including sweet chilli and lemon & dill variants to provide consumers with a ready-to-eat meal solution.
A second range of Princes Atlantic salmon in lemon & black pepper and brine variants is also being launched, with both ranges encouraging trial with consumers that would otherwise be put off by the traditional format.
High in Omega-3, the new Princes salmon variants aim to drive value into the £73 million category by attracting new younger shoppers to the fixture with a value for money, quick meal solution.
Neil Brownbill, marketing director at Princes, said: “By bringing new variants to the ambient salmon market, we are confident that we will drive consumer trial and boost sales. Using Atlantic salmon has enabled us to provide consumers with a value for money product, and by offering the ranges as skinless and boneless we are catering for a younger audience that may previously have been put off due to the appearance of the traditional format.
“We are committed to investing in Princes’ canned fish portfolio and these new products form part of an on-going growth strategy for the brand that will continue to cement our position as the number one canned fish brand.”
Princes Atlantic salmon fillets are available in 125g litho cans with an RRP of £1.99. Princes Atlantic salmon is available in 160g round cans with an RRP of £3.00.
Original source: Princes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review