FINLAND: Prisma buys Estonia’s popular Primo hypermarket
Finnish grocer Prisma signed a deal yesterday [Monday] to acquire AS Hypermarket, manager of the Primo hypermarket, the most popular supermarket in Tallinn. The deal, which was conducted through Prisma's parent AS Hansafood, still requires approval from the Competition Department. From August this year, Primo will be turned into a subunit of the Prisma chain.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix