UK/US: Private equity firm linked to Greencore
Greencore may be sold to an American private equity firm
Irish own-label supplier Greencore's mystery buyer is an American private equity firm, according to The Sunday Times yesterday (6 November).
On 25 October Greencore confirmed that an unidentified company had made an approach that could lead to an offer. According to the newspaper, London and New York-based Clayton Dubilier & Rice is that interested party.
The Ireland-based group, which supplies own-label products to retailers on both sides of the Atlantic, has repeatedly hit the headlines this year.
In March poultry magnate Ranjit Boparan's 2 Sisters Food Group bought Northern Foods for GBP342m, derailing Greencore's plans for a merger. Greencore then bought British sandwich maker Uniq for GBP113m in July.
Ireland's Greencore said today (17 April) that it plans to build on its presence in the US through the acquisition of convenience food firm Marketfare Foods for US$36m....
M&A in the UK food sector was again a hot topic this week as news emerged that private equity investors could be preparing to merge Premier Foods' unwanted brands with fellow UK food group Symington's...
UK food manufacturer 2 Sisters Food Group is expanding its Fox's biscuits brand into savoury snacking....
Dutch meat giant Vion has lost a contract to supply poultry to UK retailer Sainsbury's after the supermarket operator conducted a review of its chicken supply base....
Brian Stein will step down as CEO of UK own-label manufacturer and Ginsters pasties owner Samworth Brothers at the end of the month....
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- Bitesize interview: Cricketer Farm MD Greg Parsons
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- Australia consumer watchdog probes raw milk sales
- Wessanen to buy dairy-free drinks firm Abafoods