US: Private-equity firms "eye Whole Foods Market"
Private-equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts has remained coy on speculation that it could be preparing a bid for US organic food retailer Whole Foods Market.
KKR and fellow private-equity firm Bain Capital may be lining up a cash offer of US$90 a share, according to a report in the UK's Daily Mail.
According to the newspaper, a potential deal would value Whole Foods at around US$6bn.
In late July, Whole Foods upped its full-year earnings target after third-quarter profits jumped 35% to US$88.5m.
It is forecasting diluted earnings per share to be US$1.91-1.92, up from its earlier forecast of $1.87-1.90.
A spokesperson for KKR declined to comment on the speculation, while Bain Capital has not yet responded to requests for comment.
Shares in the company were up 0.66% today (19 August) to US$59.23 a share at 10:31 ET.
While seeing sales slide in certain markets, globally, the organic sector has largely proved resilient amid the worst economic conditions for a generation. Euromonitor International's Diana Cowland lo...
Whole Foods Market has promoted two regional presidents, David Lannon and Ken Meyer, to the newly-created positions of executive vice presidents of operations....
US grocer Whole Foods Market has booked an increase in first-quarter profits and raised its full-year earnings outlook....
Meat-free manufacturer Quorn Foods has released its first-ever vegan product in the US....
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details