US: Private-equity firms "eye Whole Foods Market"
Private-equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts has remained coy on speculation that it could be preparing a bid for US organic food retailer Whole Foods Market.
KKR and fellow private-equity firm Bain Capital may be lining up a cash offer of US$90 a share, according to a report in the UK's Daily Mail.
According to the newspaper, a potential deal would value Whole Foods at around US$6bn.
In late July, Whole Foods upped its full-year earnings target after third-quarter profits jumped 35% to US$88.5m.
It is forecasting diluted earnings per share to be US$1.91-1.92, up from its earlier forecast of $1.87-1.90.
A spokesperson for KKR declined to comment on the speculation, while Bain Capital has not yet responded to requests for comment.
Shares in the company were up 0.66% today (19 August) to US$59.23 a share at 10:31 ET.
While seeing sales slide in certain markets, globally, the organic sector has largely proved resilient amid the worst economic conditions for a generation. Euromonitor International's Diana Cowland lo...
Whole Foods Market has promoted two regional presidents, David Lannon and Ken Meyer, to the newly-created positions of executive vice presidents of operations....
US grocer Whole Foods Market has booked an increase in first-quarter profits and raised its full-year earnings outlook....
Meat-free manufacturer Quorn Foods has released its first-ever vegan product in the US....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights