US: Private-equity firms "eye Whole Foods Market"
Private-equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts has remained coy on speculation that it could be preparing a bid for US organic food retailer Whole Foods Market.
KKR and fellow private-equity firm Bain Capital may be lining up a cash offer of US$90 a share, according to a report in the UK's Daily Mail.
According to the newspaper, a potential deal would value Whole Foods at around US$6bn.
In late July, Whole Foods upped its full-year earnings target after third-quarter profits jumped 35% to US$88.5m.
It is forecasting diluted earnings per share to be US$1.91-1.92, up from its earlier forecast of $1.87-1.90.
A spokesperson for KKR declined to comment on the speculation, while Bain Capital has not yet responded to requests for comment.
Shares in the company were up 0.66% today (19 August) to US$59.23 a share at 10:31 ET.
While seeing sales slide in certain markets, globally, the organic sector has largely proved resilient amid the worst economic conditions for a generation. Euromonitor International's Diana Cowland lo...
Whole Foods Market has promoted two regional presidents, David Lannon and Ken Meyer, to the newly-created positions of executive vice presidents of operations....
US grocer Whole Foods Market has booked an increase in first-quarter profits and raised its full-year earnings outlook....
Meat-free manufacturer Quorn Foods has released its first-ever vegan product in the US....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- How PepsiCo is taking action on palm oil
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- MP calls for probe into Bernard Matthews "sale"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report