UK: Private equity firms submit "second bids" for R&R Ice Cream
Three private equity firms linked to the purchase of UK firm R&R Ice Cream are understood to have gone through to a second round of bidding.
R&R Ice Cream, which has operations across Europe and supplies branded ice cream under licence as well as own-label lines, is reported to have received first-round bids before Christmas.
US investment fund Oaktree Capital owns 82% of R&R. Management including chief executive James Lambert owns the remainder of the business.
According to Reuters this week, three private equity firms, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R), Ontario Teachers Pension Plan and PAI Partners, have all submitted second-round bids for the firm. It is understood the business could fetch around EUR900m (US$1.2bn).
R&R had said in October it was exploring strategic options that could include a sale.
Ontario Teachers Pension Plan declined to comment on the reports, while CD&R and PAI Partners did not return a request for comment.
Despite the sale reports, R&R Ice Cream this month acquired the Yoomoo frozen yoghurt brand for an undisclosed sum.
This report provides a concise overview of the Ice Cream market in Japan. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic and behavioral trends which w...
This report provides a concise overview of the Ice Cream market in Mexico. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that ...
This report provides a concise overview of the Ice Cream market in Australia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends th...
"Take-Home Ice Cream Market in Western Europe: Market Guide to 2017", provides detailed, analytical and well-presented information on Take-Home Ice Cream consumption trends in Western Europe. This inc...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details