UK: Private equity firms submit "second bids" for R&R Ice Cream
Three private equity firms linked to the purchase of UK firm R&R Ice Cream are understood to have gone through to a second round of bidding.
R&R Ice Cream, which has operations across Europe and supplies branded ice cream under licence as well as own-label lines, is reported to have received first-round bids before Christmas.
US investment fund Oaktree Capital owns 82% of R&R. Management including chief executive James Lambert owns the remainder of the business.
According to Reuters this week, three private equity firms, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R), Ontario Teachers Pension Plan and PAI Partners, have all submitted second-round bids for the firm. It is understood the business could fetch around EUR900m (US$1.2bn).
R&R had said in October it was exploring strategic options that could include a sale.
Ontario Teachers Pension Plan declined to comment on the reports, while CD&R and PAI Partners did not return a request for comment.
Despite the sale reports, R&R Ice Cream this month acquired the Yoomoo frozen yoghurt brand for an undisclosed sum.
This report provides a concise overview of the Ice Cream market in Japan. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic and behavioral trends which w...
This report provides a concise overview of the Ice Cream market in Mexico. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that ...
This report provides a concise overview of the Ice Cream market in Australia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends th...
"Take-Home Ice Cream Market in Western Europe: Market Guide to 2017", provides detailed, analytical and well-presented information on Take-Home Ice Cream consumption trends in Western Europe. This inc...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits