VIETNAM: Private rice miller switches to organic, eyes export market
Vien Phu Ltd, based in Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City, has been told its organic rice meets US requirements. The company is getting ready to start exporting the commodity by 2005. For three years, Vien Phu has been working with farmers in Tien Giant, Ben Tre, Tra Vinh and An Giang to grow varieties of organic rice to identify the most suitable seed. "We have got this one, which is a foreign seed, supplied it and planting methods for farmers to grow on 50 hectares, and bought all the rice at VNÐ2,200 per kilo," director Vo Minh Khai said
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund