VIETNAM: Private rice miller switches to organic, eyes export market
Vien Phu Ltd, based in Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City, has been told its organic rice meets US requirements. The company is getting ready to start exporting the commodity by 2005. For three years, Vien Phu has been working with farmers in Tien Giant, Ben Tre, Tra Vinh and An Giang to grow varieties of organic rice to identify the most suitable seed. "We have got this one, which is a foreign seed, supplied it and planting methods for farmers to grow on 50 hectares, and bought all the rice at VNÐ2,200 per kilo," director Vo Minh Khai said
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review