VIETNAM: Private rice miller switches to organic, eyes export market
Vien Phu Ltd, based in Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City, has been told its organic rice meets US requirements. The company is getting ready to start exporting the commodity by 2005. For three years, Vien Phu has been working with farmers in Tien Giant, Ben Tre, Tra Vinh and An Giang to grow varieties of organic rice to identify the most suitable seed. "We have got this one, which is a foreign seed, supplied it and planting methods for farmers to grow on 50 hectares, and bought all the rice at VNÐ2,200 per kilo," director Vo Minh Khai said
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes