VIETNAM: Private rice miller switches to organic, eyes export market
Vien Phu Ltd, based in Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City, has been told its organic rice meets US requirements. The company is getting ready to start exporting the commodity by 2005. For three years, Vien Phu has been working with farmers in Tien Giant, Ben Tre, Tra Vinh and An Giang to grow varieties of organic rice to identify the most suitable seed. "We have got this one, which is a foreign seed, supplied it and planting methods for farmers to grow on 50 hectares, and bought all the rice at VNÐ2,200 per kilo," director Vo Minh Khai said
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill