US: Procter & Gamble appoints head of design
Consumer goods giant Procter & Gamble has appointed Phil Duncan to head up its design, innovation and strategy department.
Duncan, currently president of WPP's Landor Associates European and Middle East divisions, will report directly to P&G's CEO AG Lafley. He will assume the post of P&G's global design officer in August.
Duncan will take over from Claudia Kotchka, who created P&G's design division.
The design division's position within the company has been considerably elevated under Kotchka and it now influences all elements of P&G branding.
Sectors: NPD & innovation
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China