USA: Procter & Gamble patents 'frothy foamy mouthfeel' lower solids beverage
Procter & Gamble was awarded US patent 6180159 30 January for 'Beverages with improved texture and flavor impact at lower dosage of solids'. Abstract: A flavored instant or ready-to-drink beverage product that can deliver a rich, preferably frothy, foamy beverage with a clean, improved mouthfeel and thickness without sliminess, as well as a higher flavor impact at a lower dosage of solids is disclosed. These products contain a water-insoluble component that includes microparticulate component, a fat/oil component, an emulsifier, and optionally, microcrystalline cellulose; a water-soluble component that includes a soluble beverage component, a thickener, and optionally, a buffer; a foam stabilizer; and optionally, acid carbonate/bicarbonate; a sweetener; milk solids; processing aids; and flavorants; and, optionally, and preferably in ready-to-drink formulations, up to 95% water. The ratio of water-soluble to water-insoluble components is about 3.3 or less (i.e., the ratio of water-insoluble to water-soluble (I/S) components is 0.30 or greater) and/or the level of water-insoluble components per unit volume of the product is at least about 0.019 g/cc.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report