EU: Prodi promises support for Britain over French beef bans
Romano Prodi, the president of the European Commission, has vowed to support Britain in its fight against the French ban on British beef. Speaking with British PM Tony Blair over breakfast last Friday, Prodi reportedly promised to do all he could to insist that France honours a ruling by the European Court of Justice that the ban is illegal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods