EU/ITALY: Prodi tips Luxembourg as seat of new EU Food Authority, angers Parma
EU Commission President Romano Prodi today tipped Luxembourg as the seat of the pending European agency dealing with food safety in a blow to other bidders including Parma, Barcelona and Helsinki. Prodi's views, outlined in a letter to a Parma newspaper, called Luxembourg "the ideal city" to host the EU food unit. The remarks, coming from Italy's top EU administrator, stunned Parma, Prodi's native region. Parma hopes that the EU Council, which will decide the matter under the Swedish Presidency in the next few months, will still choose the Italian city noted for its food tradition (Parma ham, Parmigiano cheese,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO