EU/ITALY: Prodi tips Luxembourg as seat of new EU Food Authority, angers Parma
EU Commission President Romano Prodi today tipped Luxembourg as the seat of the pending European agency dealing with food safety in a blow to other bidders including Parma, Barcelona and Helsinki. Prodi's views, outlined in a letter to a Parma newspaper, called Luxembourg "the ideal city" to host the EU food unit. The remarks, coming from Italy's top EU administrator, stunned Parma, Prodi's native region. Parma hopes that the EU Council, which will decide the matter under the Swedish Presidency in the next few months, will still choose the Italian city noted for its food tradition (Parma ham, Parmigiano cheese,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016