EU/ITALY: Prodi tips Luxembourg as seat of new EU Food Authority, angers Parma
EU Commission President Romano Prodi today tipped Luxembourg as the seat of the pending European agency dealing with food safety in a blow to other bidders including Parma, Barcelona and Helsinki. Prodi's views, outlined in a letter to a Parma newspaper, called Luxembourg "the ideal city" to host the EU food unit. The remarks, coming from Italy's top EU administrator, stunned Parma, Prodi's native region. Parma hopes that the EU Council, which will decide the matter under the Swedish Presidency in the next few months, will still choose the Italian city noted for its food tradition (Parma ham, Parmigiano cheese,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund