UK: Produce Investments in acquisition talks with Jersey Royal Company
Produce Investments PLC supplies McCain's and Birds Eye with potatoes to name a few companies
Produce Investments has released a statement following recent speculation the company is in talks to acquire the Jersey Royal Company, one of the UK's biggest producers of the Jersey Royal potato.
Produce Investments, which owns Greenvale AP and supplies bulk potatoes and seed potatoes to major UK brand names, said it has entered into a heads of terms. It has also agreed a period of exclusivity in relation to the potential acquisition, though the heads of terms are non-binding and subject to ongoing due diligence.
The Jersey Royal Company produces in the region of 25,000 tonnes of the potato each year, supplying to most UK supermarkets and retailers.
Further announcements will be made regarding the acquisition in due course, according to the company's statement.
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- Unilever sees lacklustre H1 food sales
- PepsiCo H1 profits up, forecast raised
- Hovis eyes Leicester bakery closure
- M&A-hungry dairy co-op Agropur in Davisco deal
- Australian dairy innovation "hub" targets Asia