UK: Produce Investments in acquisition talks with Jersey Royal Company
Produce Investments PLC supplies McCain's and Birds Eye with potatoes to name a few companies
Produce Investments has released a statement following recent speculation the company is in talks to acquire the Jersey Royal Company, one of the UK's biggest producers of the Jersey Royal potato.
Produce Investments, which owns Greenvale AP and supplies bulk potatoes and seed potatoes to major UK brand names, said it has entered into a heads of terms. It has also agreed a period of exclusivity in relation to the potential acquisition, though the heads of terms are non-binding and subject to ongoing due diligence.
The Jersey Royal Company produces in the region of 25,000 tonnes of the potato each year, supplying to most UK supermarkets and retailers.
Further announcements will be made regarding the acquisition in due course, according to the company's statement.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights