UK: Produce Investments in acquisition talks with Jersey Royal Company
Produce Investments PLC supplies McCain's and Birds Eye with potatoes to name a few companies
Produce Investments has released a statement following recent speculation the company is in talks to acquire the Jersey Royal Company, one of the UK's biggest producers of the Jersey Royal potato.
Produce Investments, which owns Greenvale AP and supplies bulk potatoes and seed potatoes to major UK brand names, said it has entered into a heads of terms. It has also agreed a period of exclusivity in relation to the potential acquisition, though the heads of terms are non-binding and subject to ongoing due diligence.
The Jersey Royal Company produces in the region of 25,000 tonnes of the potato each year, supplying to most UK supermarkets and retailers.
Further announcements will be made regarding the acquisition in due course, according to the company's statement.
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Bitesize interview: Cricketer Farm MD Greg Parsons
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia
- Australia consumer watchdog probes raw milk sales