UK: Produce Investments in acquisition talks with Jersey Royal Company
Produce Investments PLC supplies McCain's and Birds Eye with potatoes to name a few companies
Produce Investments has released a statement following recent speculation the company is in talks to acquire the Jersey Royal Company, one of the UK's biggest producers of the Jersey Royal potato.
Produce Investments, which owns Greenvale AP and supplies bulk potatoes and seed potatoes to major UK brand names, said it has entered into a heads of terms. It has also agreed a period of exclusivity in relation to the potential acquisition, though the heads of terms are non-binding and subject to ongoing due diligence.
The Jersey Royal Company produces in the region of 25,000 tonnes of the potato each year, supplying to most UK supermarkets and retailers.
Further announcements will be made regarding the acquisition in due course, according to the company's statement.
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth
- Nestle in "exclusive" Davigel talks with Brakes