UK: Produce Investments in acquisition talks with Jersey Royal Company
Produce Investments PLC supplies McCain's and Birds Eye with potatoes to name a few companies
Produce Investments has released a statement following recent speculation the company is in talks to acquire the Jersey Royal Company, one of the UK's biggest producers of the Jersey Royal potato.
Produce Investments, which owns Greenvale AP and supplies bulk potatoes and seed potatoes to major UK brand names, said it has entered into a heads of terms. It has also agreed a period of exclusivity in relation to the potential acquisition, though the heads of terms are non-binding and subject to ongoing due diligence.
The Jersey Royal Company produces in the region of 25,000 tonnes of the potato each year, supplying to most UK supermarkets and retailers.
Further announcements will be made regarding the acquisition in due course, according to the company's statement.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report