USA: ProducePoint and IntelliSpec to form strategic alliance
ProducePoint, the one-stop source of real-time pricing information for the fresh produce industry, announced a strategic alliance with IntelliSpec, a leading fresh produce inspection service. The companies will combine ProducePoint's real-time pricing information with IntelliSpec's video-based fresh produce inspections. The two companies will coordinate their efforts to promote the benefits of the combined offerings. Under the terms of the agreement, IntelliSpec has been chosen to be a preferred vendor of online inspection services on ProducePoint's site. IntelliSpec's customers are also able to access its coveted real-time pricing information through its ProduceTicker(TM) product. ProducePoint subscribers will be able to access IntelliSpec's online video inspection reports to assist in their purchasing and selling decisions. "We are excited about the opportunity to work with one of the most technologically advanced fresh produce inspection services in the world," said Rock Clapper, CEO of ProducePoint. Long-time industry participant Rick Kaiser, President of ProducePoint, added, "there is real value in being able to see the product you're buying yourself, even though you might be thousands of miles away. With the ability to actually see that product, combined with our real-time pricing information upon which to base a purchasing decision, we make a powerful team." From IntelliSpec's perspective, the alliance provides its customers with the essential information they need to transact their commerce profitably. "Working with ProducePoint offers our customers critical real-time price and volume data to use alongside our inspection reports," said Robert Chirchick, Vice President for IntelliSpec. "We feel that together, we are able to address a long-standing need in the fresh produce industry: access to real-time information. How can you compete in today's fast-paced environment without knowing the real price of your product, and actually seeing what you're buying?"
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Hochdorf expands in Africa with Pharmalys buy
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review