USA: Product packaging becomes convenient
Mintel's Global New Products Database regularly reports on industry trends. Lynn Dornblaser, Editorial Director, has noticed some interesting developments in the packaging arena. Pack it up If the dress makes the man, then the package often makes the new product. In looking at the products we see every single day, a number of truly unique packages cross our desks. Making sense of those packages, and finding common themes among them is sometimes a challenge. "Sometimes we have a bit of an 'aha' moment, as we look at a group of new product packages and wonder why we never saw that before. For example, when we say the first zip-type closure on shredded cheese, we thought it was clever and innovative. When we say the same concept applied to snack mixes and other salty snacks, we had our 'aha' moment. Finally, we thought, true reclosability comes to products you probably shouldn't eat at one sitting," comments Lynn Dornblaser. We've taken a close look at recent product packages, and have two big trends to discuss.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Hochdorf expands in Africa with Pharmalys buy
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review