UK: Product recall for Kellogg's Crunchy Nut
Kellogg is recalling packs of its Crunchy Nut cereal from across the UK following a small number of complaints from customers who detected an "unusual taste" in the product.
The Food Standards Agency (FSA), however, has moved to reassure consumers that if they had eaten any of the affected cereal there would be no risk to health and that the tainted taste is a quality and not a food safety issue
Kellogg said that only packs of Crunchy Nut cereal with best before dates from 21 June to 31 July 2008 were affected. The company issued a Freephone number for customers to call.
In a statement, Kellogg said: "Kellogg is committed to maintaining the highest quality standards. We would like to sincerely apologise to any consumer affected. Crunchy Nut packs with best before dates August 2008 are totally unaffected by this notice."
With obesity levels rising on both sides of the Atlantic, the need to understand consumers' attitudes towards healthier food has never been so pressing. Today (29 January), food industry executives me...
Concerns over stocks should not affect the UK's nutritional advice on eating fish, according to Foodvest, the pan-European food group behind the Young's and Findus brands....
The UK government has named three new board members at the Food Standards Agency (FSA)....
The UK's Food Standards Agency is to review its advice on eating fish amid growing concern on the sustainability of stock and the environmental impact of fishing and fish farming....
Kellogg today (6 January) reaffirmed its full-year earnings guidance for 2008 amid continuing pressure on costs....
The UK government has today (5 February) outlined its plans to cut the amount of saturated fat in people's diets....
A Paris court has fined Kellogg's French unit EUR15,000 (US$22,310) for "deceptive advertising" relating to its Special K range....
UK campaigners for nutrition labelling to focus on guideline daily amounts (GDAs) have welcomed the EU's plans to standardise food labels across Europe....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review