USA: Product Recall - Sunkist Orange Juice
Santee Dairies Inc. of City of Industry, Calif., announced the voluntary removal from distribution of Knudsen®, Swiss®, Stater Bros. and Sunkist® Orange Juice from Concentrate in 16 oz. plastic bottles, coded JUL 23 and earlier due to suspected product contamination. The distribution of this product was limited to Southern California.There have been two instances where consumers detected and reported possible product contamination. Santee Dairies has elected to remove the product from distribution, amounting to approximately 670,000 bottles.Consumers having any bottles of these products should return them to the place of purchase for a refund.Santee Dairies produces the Sunkist brand product for Olympic Foods Inc. of Spokane, Wash. Olympic Foods is a trademark licensee of Sunkist Growers of Sherman Oaks, Calif.No other products of Santee Dairies, Olympic Foods or Sunkist Growers are involved.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- How City reacted to Tesco's profit over-statement
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top tweets
- ConAgra confident private-label will improve
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious
- Arla: New Vigor deal to boost our Brazil presence
- General Mills plans to close two US plants
- Campbell launches soups for use in dishes