USA: Product Recall - Sunkist Orange Juice
Santee Dairies Inc. of City of Industry, Calif., announced the voluntary removal from distribution of Knudsen®, Swiss®, Stater Bros. and Sunkist® Orange Juice from Concentrate in 16 oz. plastic bottles, coded JUL 23 and earlier due to suspected product contamination. The distribution of this product was limited to Southern California.There have been two instances where consumers detected and reported possible product contamination. Santee Dairies has elected to remove the product from distribution, amounting to approximately 670,000 bottles.Consumers having any bottles of these products should return them to the place of purchase for a refund.Santee Dairies produces the Sunkist brand product for Olympic Foods Inc. of Spokane, Wash. Olympic Foods is a trademark licensee of Sunkist Growers of Sherman Oaks, Calif.No other products of Santee Dairies, Olympic Foods or Sunkist Growers are involved.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV